How to Make Your Space Look Bigger: Small Bathroom Remodeling and Redecorating Tips
If you have become frustrated by your small, cramped bathroom and find yourself in need of a solution, there are several small bathroom remodeling options to make your space seem larger and put your mind at ease. Whether you decide to utilize the tricks of interior design and décor or you opt for a minor bathroom remodel, a few changes to your existing bathroom can open things up and create the spacious feel you’re looking for.
Bathroom remodeling is an idea that can cause some homeowners nothing but stress and anxiety. However, if you are looking for the surest way to make your bathroom look bigger, then it’s time to contact the right company and take advantage of their services. A contractor who specializes in tub and shower remodeling can take a quick look at your current room and know what will work best.
For example, if you are currently using a traditional tub, they might recommend a tub to shower conversion. This would get rid of the clunky, old tub and establish a new, functional shower that brings with it a much more open feel. In many cases, a reputable contractor can complete such a job in just a day or two, and this project offers a valuable alternative to a complete small bathroom remodeling job.
However, if remodeling your small bathroom isn’t in your plans at all, then there are many design and décor tips that can help you open up your bathroom and create a more spacious environment. We suggest the following:
- Install a pedestal sink instead of a traditional vanity.
- Add recessed shelving between wall studs.
- Opt for a glass door on the shower instead of a traditional shower curtain.
- Decorate in light colors (or white), and encourage as much natural light as possible.
- Use a pocket sliding door instead of traditional entry door.
- Combine open shelves and closed doors on all cabinetry.
- Find sleek organizers to keep your countertops free from clutter.
Your small bathroom can change; it’s up to you to decide how to improve it. If you are ready to solve the problem of your cramped space, contact us today to discuss your small bathroom remodeling options.