The Five Best Cleaners for Acrylic Tubs
When you invest in an acrylic tub, you plan to enjoy your purchase forever. And while your bathroom remodeling contractor probably explained how easy the tubs are to maintain, there may be occasions when you want to freshen up the surface. The following cleaners for acrylic tubs are inexpensive (and readily available):
- Vinegar and water – Mixing one part vinegar and two parts water in a spray bottle will give you an excellent cleaning solution. The vinegar cuts through the dirt and oil and leaves a streak-free shine on the surface of your acrylic bathtub or shower. As an added bonus, it’s all natural!
- Bleach and water – Mix one part bleach and two parts hot water into a bucket for an excellent cleaner and disinfectant. Soak a sponge in the solution and gently wipe down the tub, then rinse your tub or shower with warm water.
- Liquid dish soap – To use soaps as cleaners for acrylic tubs, simply apply a generous amount inside the bath or shower and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Afterwards, wipe it away using a damp cloth, then rinse the tub with warm water. Name-brand dish soaps such as Palmolive, Joy, and Ivory are excellent options.
- Baking soda – Sprinkle baking soda around your tub or shower and gently scrub the surface with a non-abrasive cloth. This is a great option for getting out stains.
- Windex – Believe it or not, the beloved product that makes windows shine is also a safe alternative for cleaning acrylic tubs and showers.
While these cleaners for acrylic tubs are all excellent options, there are many others that perform equally well. However, acrylic products are not meant to resist abrasion. Scouring pads, gritty cleaners, and similar abrasive cleaning supplies can cause damage to your bathtub’s surface. As a safeguard, you should always read cleaning product labels prior to use to ensure they are safe for acrylic products.
Interested in bringing to low-maintenance, easy to clean appeal of acrylic tubs to your own home? Just fill out the form at the left. Our team will call you to discuss the available products in our collection!