While the Americans with Disabilities Act was designed with public buildings in mind, many homeowners choose to update their private residences with ADA-compliant features (such as ADA bathtub systems). When you opt for these features, you’re opting to make your home permanently safer for all of its residents – not just those with disabilities.
Our ADA bathtubs provide all of the security-oriented features you need to bathe without the risk of slipping or falling. Included with every handicap bathtub purchase, our unbeatable security package provides:
- A permanent seat that can support at least 250 pounds of body weight
- Specially placed grab bars to assist with entering, exiting, and sitting down in the handicapped tub
- A spray unit that can be used as either a traditional shower or a hand-held spray piece
- Temperature control systems to prevent the bath water from reaching scalding temperatures (120 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Low barrier entries that allow users to transfer in and out from a wheelchair
By adding an ADA bathtub to your handicap bathrooms, you’ll be able to walk, step, or wheel yourself in and out of the tub without worrying about accidents. Your risk of slipping and falling is greatly decreased, and your mobility aids can be kept at close reach. No matter what your physical abilities are, you’ll be able to bathe independently. And even as your health changes, your ADA tub will help you continue to feel safe in the comfort of your own home.
At Tubliners Direct, our bathroom remodeling contractors can design an ADA-compliant bathtub that matches the layout of your existing tub alcove. Our low-maintenance acrylic can be molded to fit right over your existing bath, or we can replace your old tub with a custom barrier-free shower. Out bathroom renovation services are all backed by a lifetime warranty.
To learn more about ADA-compliant bathroom products, just call us or fill out the contact form on this page. We’ll set up a no-pressure consultation to discuss our company’s ADA bathtub options with you.